Dr. Sona Patel is known as DOC420, and she is the Founder and CEO of CBD GLOW. She gained popularity as the second doctor in history to provide medical marijuana recommendations, starting in 2005. Dr. Patel has over ten years of experience in the cannabis industry and is by many considered to be a true pioneer in the world of CBD.
I started CBD GLOWTM to continue to bring people the miraculous benefits of the cannabis plant.
What is CBD?
- The cannabis plant boasts a variety of compounds – also known as cannabinoids which contain medicinal benefits, Dr. Patel explains. Among these cannabinoids is cannabidiol, or CBD. CBD is not addictive, and it will not make you feel “high” because there are no psychoactive elements in it. CBD is rich in fatty acids like Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 and in antioxidants like Vitamin A, C and E.
CBD is also high in amino acids which are the building blocks of protein that build up collagen and elastin.
Do you believe the hype about CBD is true?
- Absolutely! It’s the next level of powerful superfoods, the game changer, says Dr. Patel.
How does CBD help the skin?
Dr. Patel explains that CBD provides the following benefits to skin:
- HYDRATION – CBD has the perfect proportion of fatty acids to provide optimal moisture to the skin.
- LUMINOUS GLOW – CBD provides deep moisture for visibly glowing and radiant skin.
- IMPROVES TEXTURE – CBD improves skin texture, dryness, dullness, and uneven tone.
- REVITALIZE and RESTORE – CBD is antioxidant-rich which revitalizes and restores the skin.
- ANTI-AGING – CBD can reduce visible signs of aging because it is rich in skin-rejuvenating antioxidants vitamins A, C and E that neutralizes damage.
What skin conditions does CBD treat?
The doctor goes into detail about how CBD aids in a variety of skin conditions.
INFLAMMATION. BD calms and soothes painful, irritated, and inflamed skin.
- CBD calms and soothes painful, irritated, and inflamed skin. Clinical studies have also confirmed that CBD has anti-inflammatory effects. This is because CBD reduces the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, inhibits T cell proliferation, induces T cell apoptosis, and reduces migration and adhesion of immune cells.
ACNE AND ACNE SCARS.
- CBD regulates oil production and therefore helps with acne. Sebocytes (the cells which make up the sebaceous gland, responsible for secreting the oil/sebum that keeps skin smooth and supple) absorb cannabinoids via hair follicles. This effect means that CBD can help moderate oil production, increasing or decreasing it as needed – useful for a wide variety of skin ailments, especially acne. CBD receptors in the skin can also treat acne by suppressing sebocytes’ proliferation. Plus, its anti-inflammatory properties effectively treat the already visible acne.
- CBD’s anti-inflammatory and healing properties aid skin with rosacea. CBD has been shown to offer a range of medical benefits and to tackle the underlying causes of rosacea, which is a chronic inflammatory skin condition. CBD can dampen certain elements that trigger the condition.
- The most convincing results from studies are the benefits of cannabinoids on inflammation and itching, specifically in patients with eczema, says Dr. Patel. Research indicates that CBD that can help reduce inflammation, redness, and itching on the skin from eczema. CBD activates CB2 receptors on the peripheral sensory nerve fibers, which inhibits itching signals and soothes itchy skin.
- CBD reduces skin flaking, redness, and dryness in skin, conditions associated with psoriasis. Psoriasis is a condition that causes the epidermis to grow much more quickly than normal epidermis; the result is overly flaky skin. Research shows that CBD activates certain cannabinoid receptors in the body which may help to slow down the rapid skin growth and help in slowing down the excess flaking of the skin.
- CBD may help relieve the inflammation that characterizes dermatitis, which in turn can alleviate symptoms such as itching, redness, and dryness.
How CBD affects your hair?
Helps your hair growth.
- It helps the hair grow. CBD contains Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 – which accelerate the hair-growth cycle to transition to the anagen phase, thus stimulating hair growth. Research studies have shown that CB1 and CB2 receptors regulate hair life cycles and thus influence hair growth.
The doctor continues by explaining that using CBD for hair loss is effective because it reduces inflammation, which can promote a healthier environment for hair to grow on the scalp.
- CBD is making waves in the beauty industry for its amazing benefits to the skin, and this includes your scalp. It’s regenerative for the skin, so it helps maintain optimal scalp health. Only a healthy scalp can lead to healthy hair! CBD contains lots of essential vitamins and minerals to nourish the scalp: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin E. CBD helps stimulate and enhance the growth of hair through increased blood circulation. When used directly on the hair follicles it delivers nutrients right to the source. Finally, CBD is an “adaptogen”. That means it regulates scalp sebum production (i.e., balances your oil levels), bringing a healthy scalp to all hair types.
Makes the hair stronger.
- It actually makes your hair stronger, says Dr. Patel. CBD strengthens hair-roots by providing the necessary nutrients for strong and healthy hair growth. CBD results in stronger hair for the following reasons:
- CBD acts upon the scalp to cleanse deposits of chemicals that may block the hair from growing. The antioxidants in CBD help protect hair from environmental damage and repair breakage.
- CBD even protects the hair from suffering water loss by keeping it well hydrated and nourished, even in harsh weather conditions.
- CBD contains all 21 known amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. Because of that, it helps to build up collagen and elastin, which are essential to hair strength. By helping hair to build protein, CBD prevents breakage and even makes locks look thicker and fuller.
- Since every single strand of hair is made of protein, CBD is incredibly effective in combating brittle and fragile hair. Using CBD can help to strengthen your hair and heal damaged hair cuticles. Studies show that one of the amino acids in CBD, tyrosine, helps to maintain hair color.
CBD nourishes your hair.
- Research shows that when used on your hair, the fatty acids in CBD hydrate the hair, lock in moisture, prevent moisture loss, and seal the hair cuticle thus providing optimal nourishment for lustrous locks.
No split ends.
- Research has shown that CBD may actually reverse hair cuticle damage and other effects of environmental stress on the follicle. CBD GLOWTM is designed to work on all hair types. It covers all that your hair care needs and can be used in conjunction with your preferred styling products.
Are there any side effects to CBD?
- CBD is generally safe for anyone to use. There is very minimal risk, says Dr. Patel. If anyone has an allergy to CBD, they may have a reaction, otherwise it is considered safe.
Is it legal?
- Shipping CBD in the United States is a little more straightforward in the last few years than it was in the past, says Dr. Patel. Because of the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill, it is now legal to ship CBD products in the mail throughout the United States. However, in order for a product to be legal per the 2018 Farm Bill, there are certain specifications that must be met. First, the CBD product must contain less than 0.3% of THC. Also, the CBD must be derived from hemp opposed to cannabis, Dr. Patel explains.
To ensure that the product you’re shipping meets federal guidelines, you’ll want to review the certificate of analysis (COA). This is a document provided by a third-party lab that examines the makeup of a CBD product, including the percentage of CBD, THC, and other compounds.
- When it comes to Shipping CBD Internationally, there are a lot more rules and regulations to follow. There are more than 190 countries, and unsurprisingly, many of them have different legalities when it comes to CBD products. Generally, CBD products in countries outside of the U.S. must contain less than 0.2% THC content. This is 0.1% less than what is legal in the U.S. However, the 0.2% THC content rule doesn’t apply to all countries. For example, countries such as Russia, Malaysia, and the United Arab Emirates ban CBD products entirely. Other places, such as Australia, require that CBD products only be prescribed by a doctor. Therefore, international shipping varies by country.
Why should customers buy from you versus other CBD product companies?
- All CBD GLOWTM products are created with phytocannabinoid rich hemp combined with the purest quality ingredients using state-of-the-art technologies to deliver the safest, most consistent, potent, and effective CBD products available on the market today. Every product is formulated with the highest and purest concentration of CBD which has been refined multiple times and third-party tested to deliver maximum therapeutic benefits.
Dr. Patel continues.
- All CBD GLOWTM products are formulated and developed in the USA in world-class facilities that are GMP certified, and ISO certified. The hemp-derived ingredients used in all my products are organically grown at a 300+ acre farm in the USA and thus ensure Premium Grade, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Industrial Hemp Registered, Farm Bill Compliant, Pesticides Free, No Metals, No Harsh Chemicals and THC Free.
Where can people purchase your CBD GLOW products?
- You can purchase CBD GLOWTM products at www.cbdglow.com. Selling CBD GLOWTM products through Sephora and Ulta is next, the doctor says and wraps up the interview.